- 1/4 Cup: Fresh Basil, minced
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp: Vince & Joe’s Fresh Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup: Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (packed)
- 2 Tbsp: Butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp: Coarse-grained Mustard
- 28 ounces: Veal Loin Chops (each about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 Tbsp: Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix basil, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, Parmesan, butter and mustard in small bowl. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pat veal chops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add veal. Cook until brown, about 1 minute per side. Remove from heat.
- Press basil mixture onto top of veal chops. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon remaining breadcrumbs over each. Roast in oven until cooked to desired doneness, about 15 minutes for medium-rare.
Wine Pairing Feature Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier San Silvestro, Gavi di Gavi “Fossili” Piemonte, Italy $ 15.99 750 ml “Fine white wine made from the Cortese grape in northern Italy. Straw yellow color, with a highly aromatic nose of pear, green apple, and herbs.”