Prep Time: 20min
Delicious jumbo lump crab meat is a sweet, high protein favorite among seafood lovers and a special treat during the holidays. This reduced calorie crab cake recipe offers all the flavor without the saturated fat. Baking these crab cakes, instead of frying, is the key to a healthier presentation.
Add just 1 teaspoon of light mayo, paired with Dijon mustard and cajun seasoning for a bit of kick. Changing to a light mayo along with skim milk and whole grain bread drops the caloric value. And by baking instead of frying these crab cakes, you have eliminated the saturated fat.
- 2 Slices Whole grain bread
- 1/4 Cup Skim milk
- 1 tbsp Light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Lemon, juiced & zest
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 lb Jumbo lump crab meat, picked free of shells
- 1 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Place the bread in a small bowl and pour over milk.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, Cajun seasoning, egg, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl and whisk together
- Add the milk-soaked bread and whisk together
- Fold in crab and chives
- Form the mixture into 12 equal cakes and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Serve with lemon wedges