Prep Time: 15 minutes
The perfect combo between savory and sweet, this is one salsa that makes it hard to not double-dip. It also goes great on grilled seafood, grilled chicken or BBQ meats.
Makes enough for 4 to 6, about 3 1⁄2 cups
- 6 peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil*
- 1 to 2 Serrano peppers, minced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped (about 2⁄3 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Handful of cilantro
- Cut the peaches into wedges no thicker than an inch. It’s not necessary to remove the skin. You should get around 12 wedges out of each peach. Throw the cut-up peaches in a large bowl with the oil and mix them all together.
- Bring your grill to a medium-high heat. Place the peaches on there for 45 seconds or so on each side. You don’t need to cook them; you just want some char marks. Grilling the peaches also caramelizes their natural sugars, making them sweeter.
- When the all peaches are grilled, let them cool for a couple minutes while you chop everything else up. When the peaches have cooled enough to handle, chop them up into salsa-appropriate-size pieces and then mix everything together. Let this all chill together for at least 30 minutes and then serve.