Prep Time: 15 minutes
Breaded pork chops are a great transition from the outside grilling to stove-top cooking. The crispy breading keeps the pork chop juicy and is a great idea for that quick, but delicious dinner during the busy school week.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup canola oil (soybean, vegetable or another oil with a high smoke point)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1. Place the parmesan, eggs and panko bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- 2. Salt and pepper each chop, then dip each pork chop in first the parmesan, then the eggs then the panko bread crumbs
- 3. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat until hot.
- 4. Fry pork chops for about 5 minutes per side, using tongs to turn when golden brown.
- 5. Pork chop are done when the juices run clear near the bone.