Prep Time: 15 minutes
Note: This salad is best made just prior to serving. Prepare one hour or less before your meal.
- 8 lb. whole seedless watermelon, chilled (about 12 cups of cubed fruit)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lb cups feta cheese , cubed
- Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into 1 inch chunks.
- Place chunks in a colander to drain as your chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
- Place watermelon and feta in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat. Serve