Prep Time: 10 minutes
As seen in Real Food Magazine, Summer 2017
- 7 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. lime zest, from one lime
- 2 tbsp. lime juice, from one lime
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Clean the grates once it has heated.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream or crema, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Taste and season the mixture with salt if needed. Set aside.
- Place the husked corn directly onto grill grates. Grill the corn for about 3 minutes or until kernels begin to turn golden brown and look charred. Turn over and repeat. When all sides are browned, remove from the grill.
- With a brush or a spoon, coat each ear of corn with the crema mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled cojita cheese and any additional chipotle pepper, if desired. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.