- 1 Pork Shoulder Roast, about 4 pounds
- 2 Medium Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup- Water
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Barbecue Sauce, or 2 cups homemade sauce
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- Place half of the thinly sliced onions in bottom of slow cooker; add pork and water, along with remaining onion slices. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH heat setting.
- Drain liquid from slow cooker; chop the meat coarsely and discard excess fat.
- Put the pork back in the slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce and chopped onion. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours longer. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with warm split buns and coleslaw.
Wine Pairing Feature Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier Foxglove 2009 Zinfandel, Paso Robles, California $ 12.99 750 ml “What a bargain! A classic Zin with loads of berry fruit, pepper and earth. Ripe, Pure and Rich without a hard edge. Enjoy with anything BBQ.”