Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounce peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup mushroom stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked sorghum
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Flat-leaf parsley and oregano leaves, optional
- Cut squash into long, 1 1/2-inch-wide pieces. Shave into ribbons using a mandoline or vegetable peeler to yield about 6 cups.
- Heat a 14-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add cremini, shallots, thyme and garlic; sauté for 9 minutes.
- Stir in sorghum, salt and pepper. Pour in porcini liquid, and arrange squash on top; cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Gently stir squash into sorghum mixture; cook until most of liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat Sprinkle with parsley and oregano, if desired.