Grilled Cornish Game Hens
- 2 Cornish Game Hens (1- 11/2 lbs. each)
- 1 TBSP. Chopped Rosemary
- 1 TBSP. Chopped Thyme
- 3 TBSP. Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1) Split the game hens in half lengthwise. Rinse with cold water & pat dry with paper towels.
- 2) In a small bowl combine olive oil, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, lemon juice, kosher salt and pepper.
- 3) Place hens in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over. Cover & refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4) Preheat grill
- 5) Remove hens from marinade and place on grill, skin side up away from direct heat. Baste with remaining marinade while cooking. Hens should take about 25-45 mins. Test for doneness before removing from grill.
Wine Pairing Feature – Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier Santa Giustina Malvasia Bianco – Colli Piacentini, Italy $11.99 750 ml. “Golden yellow color and a very aromatic nose. Very floral with a long finish.”