Grilled Chili Chicken with Grilled Green Onions
- 4 - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup- Plain Yogurt
- 2 - Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp- Paprika
- 1/2 tsp- Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1 tbsp -Cumin
- 1- Lime, juiced
- Cayenne to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp - vegetable oil, or as needed
- 2 -bunches (about 12 pieces) Green Onion, washed
- Cilantro and lime wedges to garnish
- Place the chicken, yogurt, garlic, paprika, chili pepper, cumin, lime juice, cayenne, salt and black pepper in a plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and toss to combine all the ingredients and to make sure the chicken breasts are evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours to marinate.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill
- Toss the green onion in the olive oil, and grill on both sides until tender.
- Remove from grill to a plate and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and wipe off excess.
- Coat very lightly in a little vegetable oil, and grill for about 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through, and transfer to a serving platter.
- Top with the grilled onions; garnish with cilantro and lime.
Wine Pairing Feature – Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier Weingut Karl Erbes – 2008 Riesling Kabinett -Urziger Wurzgarten - $19.99 750mL “A beautiful semi-sweet Riesling from the Mosel, Germany. Lively acidity and bright notes of lemon and green apple. A wonderful pairing with heavily seasoned cuisines like Mexican, Indian and Thai.”-Ted Ross