- Bananas foster sauce
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 bananas, not too ripe, sliced
- Pinch cinnamon
- ½ cup of Rum (optional, for adults)
Over medium heat, melt butter in medium sauce pan and add brown sugar. Once sugar and butter have melted, add sliced bananas and cinnamon and cook until soften a little, about 5 minutes. If using rum, add to pan, but be careful, pan will flame up.
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 4 ea large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 panettone, sliced ½ inch
- 1 cup Nutella
- Butter for frying
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Fresh berries, to top French toast
- Preheat oven to 225F.
- Mix all ingredients, except panettone and Nutella in a medium bowl.
- Generously spread Nutella on one side of half of the Panettone slices and top with other half’s.
- Heat nonstick skillet, griddle or cast iron pan over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of butter
- Dip Stacked Nutella stuffed panettone bread into egg batter and cook in nonstick skillet until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place finished panettone on a sheet tray in the oven while finishing bananas foster sauce.
- To serve, plate French toast, top with banana fosters sauce, powdered sugar and fresh berries