- Mushrooms, any variety, chopped fine 8 oz.
- Lemons, cut in half 2 ea.
- Artichokes 10 ea.
- Breadcrumbs 1 ½ Cups
- Extra virgin olive oil ¼ Cup
- Prosciutto, finely chopped 1 Cup
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated 1 Cup
- Garlic clove, minced 2 ea.
- Oregano and Thyme, rough chopped 1 Tbsp.
- Salt and pepper t.t.
- Trim artichoke tops off and trim lower leaves. Slice across base so they can stand up. Gently open up artichoke, and remove choke. Keep in water with 2 lemons.
- Add remaining ingredients to breadcrumbs, and stuff into the artichoke center.
- Place in pan with water coming 1-inch up side of artichoke. Add extra virgin olive oil. Bring to simmer and cook over low heat covered until artichoke heart is tender, about 45 minutes. Replace liquid as necessary