Skip to content
Korean Style Eggplant
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 whole onion, peeled, cored, and rough chopped
- 1/2 cup full of garlic cloves
- 1 full bunch of green onions, washed, trimmed, and rough chopped
- 1/2 cup of Aji Mirin (use sweet sake or rice vinegar if you cannot find, or omit)
- 1 cups of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of pure sesame oil
- 1 cup of toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 of an Asian pear or apple (eat the other half yourself)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 lb Eggplant (Any Type 1-inch diced)
- Assorted Bell Peppers (1/2-dice)
- 1/2 Bunch of Thai Basil or Green Onions
- For Korean BBQ Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients except Eggplant, Bell Peppers and Thai Basil (or Green Onions) and blend together.
- For Eggplant:
- Cut eggplant into cubes put in container.
- Add salt and allow to sit for at least 1 hour
- Heat wok, when smoking, add eggplant in batches and cook until golden brown.
- Remove eggplant, add peppers and cook until golden brown.
- Add eggplant back into wok and toss with sauce remove from heat and cool.
- When cooled, add basil