Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Kosher Salt
- 6 oz. Bucatini or Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 cup Finely Grated Pecorino Romano
- Cook pasta according to package (be sure to season pasta water with salt).
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add pepper and cook, swirling pan until toasted; about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta and remaining butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add Pecorino, stirring and tossing until cheese melts and sauce coats the pasta.
- Cook until pasta is al dente (add more pasta water if sauce seems dry).
- Transfer pasta to warm bowls and serve.