Grilled Swordfish Skewers
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Olive Bruschetta
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Sun-Dried Tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 8 jumbo-sized pitted green olives with pimento, chopped
- 8 - 12 Castelvetrano olives, pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pimentos
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
- For The Swordfish Skewers
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- 1-½ pounds swordfish filets or mahi-mahi, skin removed, cut into 1-1/2" pieces
- 2 of each: red, green, and yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-½ inch pieces
- 10 baby portobello mushrooms, wiped clean, stems removed
- 15 ea. cherry tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- Green or Red leaf lettuce for serving
- Sliced lemons
- Prepare the Olive Bruschetta: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside. Can be made ahead. If it is too tart for your preference
- Heat outdoor grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, pepper, spices and fresh herbs. Set aside.
- Prepare the skewers by alternating fish and vegetable chunks.
- Once assembled, brush skewers with olive oil.
- Season the assembled skewers with herb and seasoning blend on all sides.
- Grill skewers 10 - 15 minutes, turning every 3 - 4 minutes until swordfish is a bit golden on the edges and the vegetables are lightly charred.
- For presentation: Place grilled swordfish skewers on a bed of red and green leafy lettuce and garnish with sliced lemons.
- Serve with olive bruschetta