Garlic-Sautéed Shrimp & Spinach
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Shrimp, spinach, and garlic all have natural flavor affinity. But add fresh lemon juice and roasted red peppers to the mix and the results are irresistible. Serve in smaller portions for a terrific first course.1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 11/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 TB plus 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 10 cups (loosely packed) stemmed spinach
- 1 cup Roasted Red Peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut into strips
- Toss shrimp with lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp each of salt and black pepper.
- In large deep nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add garlic and saut?©, stirring, until golden, two to three minutes. Immediately transfer garlic with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Add shrimp to skillet and saut?© until shrimp are pink and just opaque in center, two to three minutes. With tongs or a spoon, transfer shrimp to a clean plate.
- Add spinach to skillet in handfuls, adding another handful as spinach cooks down; drizzle spinach with 1 TB of water as it cooks. When all of spinach has been added, season with remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper. Add roasted red peppers to skillet and cook, stirring, just until heated.
- Return shrimp and garlic to skillet and toss to mix with spinach and peppers.