Crab Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 lb Whole Beef Tenderloin - 6 oz. portions
- 1lb canned Crab meat
- 6 oz. Panna sauce
- 3 strips Bacon - diced
- 1/2 ea Shallots - minced
- 1 ea. Garlic - minced
- 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs. Parsley - chopped
- As Needed - White Pepper, Kosher Salt, Fresh Thyme - chopped fine
- Have a butcher at Vince & Joe's clean and portion your tenderloin to 6 oz. per person.
- In a saute pan, render bacon half way and add garlic and shallots. Cook until soft.
- Mix in panna sauce, parsley and fold in crab meat. Season with salt and pepper if needed and let cool.
- Season beef tenderloin with olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh thyme and garlic.
- In a hot pan, sear meat until golden brown on both sides. Let cool.
- After crab stuffing and beef has cooled. Cut an X into the meat and stuff with crab.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 120 degrees. (Medium Rare)
Wine Pairing Feature - Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe's Sommelier Riet Vallei, Shiraz 2007 - Robertson, South Africa - $14.99 750 ml “Intense ruby red colored, fruity and silky smooth.”