Cod w/ Herbed White Wine Lemon Sauce
- This recipe can be made using any fresh mild-flavored white fish, such as cod, sole, sea bass, or flounder.1-medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1-cup dry white wine
- 2-lemons, 1 juiced and 1 sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 6-tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup capers, roughly chopped
- 1-teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-cup loosely packed mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, chervil, dill, and thyme, roughly chopped
- 4-codfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Combine shallot, wine, and lemon juice in a small skillet; set over high heat. Bring to a boil; simmer until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in butter, capers, 1/4 teaspoon salt, a pinch of pepper, and 3/4 of the herbs. Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 3 tablespoons sauce. Season both sides of fillets with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Arrange fillets and lemon slices in skillet; sprinkle with some herbs. Cook until fillets are golden, about 4 minutes. Turn, sprinkle with remaining herbs, and cook until fish is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices and remaining sauce