Holiday Pork Medallions
- 6 - 3 oz. Pork Loin, cut and pounded thin
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 4 Fresh Artichoke Hearts, cleaned and quartered (or canned)
- Dijon Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tbs All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbs Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbs Whole Grain Mustard
- Kosher Salt as needed
- White Pepper as needed
- Season the pork medallions with salt and pepper and fry in a pan until golden brown.
- Take out and let medallions rest.
- In the same pan add red peppers and artichokes. Cook until soft. Remove from pan.
- Add butter and flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add chicken stock and white wine, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Whisk in mustards, heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add back artichokes, peppers and pork. Mix with sauce and serve.
Wine Pairing Feature - Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe's Sommelier Collovray et Terrier - Macon Villages "Tradition" Bourgogne, France - $17.99 750 mL 100% Chardonnay from the burgandy region of France. Un-oaked and creamy... a beauty!