Click here to see Chef Angelo prepare this recipe on Fox 2
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Basil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh Oregano
- 1 Zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 1/4 cup white, raw Mushrooms, sliced, roasted and well drained
- 15 oz Fresh Marinara
- 15 oz skim milk mozzarella cheese, optional
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 oz Tomato Paste,
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, more to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add in garlic, onion and green pepper, and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Add in parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, continue to stir.
- Bring sauce to a light boil, then remove from heat.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place a thin layer of the sauce in the baking dish.
- Layer zucchini and mushrooms over sauce, and repeat, alternating layering of sauce, then zucchini and mushrooms and finally topping with remain cheese..
- Bake lasagna at 325°F for 15 minutes, covered with foil.
- After 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.