- 4 - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 - Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 15 oz. Canned Tomato (Diced)
- 1/4 lb. - Ham (Thinly Sliced) - Choose a leaner cut.
- 1/4 lb. - Imported Fontina Cheese ( Thinly Sliced)
- 1 pkg. - Vince & Joe's Seasoned Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup - Flax Seed Oil (Organic) - or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bay Leaves ( Fresh or Dried)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pound each chicken breast evenly and thin. Dip each chicken breast in oil and coat with bread crumbs. Lay each piece flat and place a slice of ham, cheese, and add tomato pieces and a few slices of onion. Tightly roll from the longer end and fasten with a toothpick. Place a bay leaf on either side of the chicken through toothpick.
- Grill the chicken on all sides or bake the chicken in the oven for about 20 minutes so it cooks all the way through
Wine Pairing Feature – Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier Principe dei Conti, Pinot Grigio – Veneto, Italy - $12.99 “A real crowd pleaser. Hand harvested, aromatic and off-dry. Great with delicate poultry and fish dishes”