When you wait this long for a home playoff game, you want to keep it hot! The spicy marinara sauce would be great with other appetizers like mozzarella sticks, bread sticks, sausage, soft pretzels, or even a bowl of pasta. Read more about these special recipes from former Lions kicker Eddie Murray on Macomb Daily.
Meatballs w/ Spicy Marinara Sauce
- 1 quart Vince and Joe’s Gourmet Markets Emma’s Hope Marinara Sauce
- 2 T Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 each hot banana peppers, sliced, removing seeds is optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds of Vince and Joe’s Gourmet Market Meatballs, cooked
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Dinner rolls, hoagie buns, sub rolls or any other vessel you can use to carry to your mouth!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat cast Dutch oven, cast iron skillet, or a saucepan with olive oil and add crushed red pepper and banana peppers. Sautee until peppers become softened, about three minutes.
- Add marinara sauce and cook until heated.
- Turn heat to low and add cooked meatballs and allow to heat in sauce, about 15 inutes. Stir to prevent burning.
- When heated, use the pan as your serving platter, top with parmesan and have the bread toasted and ready to go.