- 8 Veal Cutlets, 3 oz each
- 2 -3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 -4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, large
- 2-4 Garlic, clove
- 2 oz Assorted Mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sweet Marsala Wine
- 3/4 cup Low-Salt Chicken Broth
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- to taste Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Sprinkle the veal with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 veal cutlets and cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the veal to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of butter and oil, if necessary.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 cutlets.
- Set the cutlets aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add the shallot and garlic.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 1Add a tablespoon of the olive oil, if necessary.
- 1Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender and the juices evaporate, about 3 minutes.
- 1Season with Kosher Salt.
- 1Add the Marsala.
- 1Simmer until the Marsala reduces by half, about 2 minutes.
- 1Add the broth and the rosemary leaves.
- 1Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- 1Return the veal to the skillet.
- 1Pour in all of the pan juices.
- 20. Cook just until heated through, turning to coat, about 1 minute.
- 2Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into the sauce.
- 2Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Transfer the veal to plates.
- 2Spoon the sauce over the veal and serve.
Wine Pairing Feature – Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier Terre domani – Montepulciano d’Abruzzo “Paradise” - $10.99 750mL “100% Montepulciano grapes vinified in stainless steel. Rich fruit and a silky texture.”