Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound lentils
- ¼ pound Pancetta, bacon or ham diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of minced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 quarts of chicken or vegetable stock
- In a large pot, add olive oil and sauté pancetta until crispy.
- Add onions, carrots and celery and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add lentil beans along with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn down to a simmer and continue to cook for 30 minutes, or until lentil become tender.
- Serve with grated cheese and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.