- 2 Whole Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Stock
- 1 Inch Piece Ginger Root Slice, Minced
- 1 Garlic Glove, Minced
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Almonds, Ground
- 6 Cups Peanut Oil
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- Cut into strips 1/2” wide be 3” long.
- Stir soy sauce, rice wine, chicken stock, sugar, cornstarch, ginger and garlic together.
- Place chicken in marinade, turning to coat. Marinade at least one hour, turning chicken after half hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain on paper towel.
- Beat egg slightly with 1/2 tsp water.
- Once by One, dip chicken pieces in egg and roll in almonds to coat. Let almond coated pieces set 15 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry chicken pieces in batches one layer deep until crisp, golden brown. Be sure to let oil come back to 350 degrees between batches.
- Drain on paper towel and serve at once.
Wine Pairing Feature – Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier Weingut Hans Lang—2008 Riesling - Rheingau, Germany- $19.99 750 mL “ A classically styled, dry, crisp German Riesling… A perfect compliment to poultry.”