Skip to content
Slow Cooking Swiss Steak
- 3 to 4 lbs. Cube Steak
- 1/4 Cup Flour plus 2 Tbs.
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Tsp. Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Cup Spanish Onion, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Celery, Sliced
- 1 Tbs. A1 Steak Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Cornstarch
- Cut steak into 1 inch x 1 inch cubes.
- Mix 1/4 cup of flour, salt and pepper together.
- Toss the steak cubes in the flour mixture to coat.
- Coat bottom of a skillet with olive oil.
- Heat olive oil on stovetop set to medium heat and brown steak on all sides evenly.
- Remove from stovetop, drain and place in stoneware in slow cooker heating base.
- Add tomatoes, onion, celery, and steak sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- To thicken sauce, mix 2 Tbs. flour with 1/8 cup of water, then add to stoneware and mix well to thicken, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.