Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 1/2 lbs. Vince & Joe’s Corned Beef Brisket
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Onion, peeled and left whole
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 small Head of Cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- 6 large Potatoes, quartered
- 4 large Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- In a 6 qt. Dutch oven, place the beef brisket, peppercorns, garlic powder, onion, bay leaves and salt.
- Fill the pan with water to cover everything plus one inch.
- Bring to a boil then cook for 20 minutes and skim off any residue that floats up.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 hours, until meat can be pulled apart with a fork.
- Once the meat is done, add the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots, pressing them down into the liquid.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Skim off any oil that comes to the surface
- Stir in the butter and parsley and then remove pot from the heat.
- Remove meat from the pot and place onto a serving dish and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables to a bowl and keep warm.
- 1Slice meat on a diagonal against the grain.
- 1Serve meat on a platter and spoon juices over meat and vegetables.
Wine Pairing Feature – Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier Sauvion – Muscadet Seuvre et Maire, Loire Valley, France- $14.99 750mL “A bone-dry, crisp and snappy white made from the Melon de Bourgogne grape. A prominent minerality and salinity makes this a great combo for salty and briney foods.”