Skip to content
Italian Grinder Sandwich
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 ea garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 4 Italian sub buns
- 8 ea large basil leaves
- Optional toppings like hot peppers, provolone, crushed red pepper
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onions until golden translucent, about 3 minutes. Add Green Peppers on cook until peppers are bright green, about 1 minute
- Add Italian sausage. While cooking, continually break about any large pieces of sausage.
- When the sausage is cooked, add marinara sauce and continue to cook until sauce is reduced and add mixture is thickened.
- Add mixture to sub bun and top with cheese, basil and any other toppings of your choice.