Executive Chef Angelo Loria was live on Fox 2 News Friday, Jan. 22, 2021, talking about Big Game food recipes and catering ideas.
Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
20 min Cook: 20 min Yield: 24 jalapeno poppers
½ pound chorizo, casings removed
½ pound smoked gouda, shredded
¼ cup finely chopped red onions
½ cup cream cheese
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon hot sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 large jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place into a large mixing bowl and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese, red onion, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste. Press into jalapeno halves and assemble on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Hot Crab Beer Cheese Dip
8 oz cream cheese
¼ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoon cornstarch
2/3 cup IPA beer
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
¼ cup green onions, chopped
8 oz crab meat
- In a food processor add the cream cheese, sour cream, old bay, garlic powder, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, corn starch, beer, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella, process until smooth.
- Stir in the onions and crab meat.
- Add to an oven safe serving dish.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until warm and golden brown.
- Stir, garnish with green onions.
Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½⁄ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ ⁄ teaspoon dried basil
½ ⁄ teaspoon dried oregano
teaspoon ground black pep
36 bone in chicken thigh wings or traditional chicken wings
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss garlic cloves with oil in a small oven-safe dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the cloves soften and begin to turn light brown.
3. Cool garlic and finely mince with a sharp knife. Combine garlic and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight before using.
4. To use sauce, pour 1/4 cup over 12 cooked chicken wings, breaded tenders, or chicken nuggets and toss gently until coated. Makes 3/4 cup sauce, enough to coat 36 wings.
Oven-Roasted Beef Brisket
Total: 4 hr 10 min Prep: 10 min Cook: 4 hr Yield: 10 servings
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika, or pimento
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 bay leaf, crushed
½ cup Worcestershire
4 pounds beef brisket, trimmed
1 1/2 cups beef stock
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce over brisket. Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, brown sugar, dry mustard, and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub. Place in a roasting pan and roast, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock and enough water to yield about 1/2 inch of liquid in the roasting pan. Lower oven to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly with foil and continue cooking for 3 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain. Top with juice from the pan.
Mojo Pulled Pork
6 lbs pork shoulder/butt
Mojo Marinade for the Pork:
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup cilantro
4 tablespoon mint leaves
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
7 garlic cloves, minced
1 1⁄2 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2/3 teaspoon black pepper, ground
½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Blend all ingredients for the marinade in blender and marinade pork shoulder for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275. Place pork shoulder until 170°F internal temp (should still be a light pink on inside).
- Baste pork with marinade throughout roasting, about 4-5 hours.
Korean Style BBQ Ribs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup rice wine (or mirin or white wine)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar use regular sugar if unavailable
3 tablespoons minced garlic (8 or 9 plump cloves)
2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
1/2 medium onion, grated
2 medium sweet apple, grated
- Prepare the ingredients for the marinade of your choice. Mix all of the ingredients well.
Preparing the ribs
- Coat the ribs well with the marinade, and marinate them for a minimum of eight hours (preferably 24 hours to 48 hours). Turn them over once after half of the marinating time has passed.
Cooking the ribs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (300°F if using a convection oven). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the ribs, meat side down Pour some marinade into the baking sheet or dish. Cover the baking sheet/dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake them for about 1.5 hour
- Pour the juice in the sheet pan out into a sauce pan along with any reserved marinade, and bring the liquid to a boil and reduce by about half or until it turns into a thick consistency… Brush the sauce onto the ribs.
Finishing the ribs
- In the Oven: Change the oven setting to broil (500°F) and preheat for a few minutes. Then broil the ribs until the ribs are lightly caramelized and charred, about 5 minutes on each side. Baste the ribs with the sauce a couple of times while broiling.
- On the Grill: Preheat the grill and grill the ribs over medium heat until the ribs are lightly caramelized and charred, about 5 minutes on each side. Baste the ribs with the sauce while grilling.
Herbs and Garlic Grilled Lamb Chops
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 racks of lamb, cut into individual bones
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
Lemons halved for juiceing
- Whisk the garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb chops, making sure to flip them over to cover them completely. Cover and marinate the chops in the fridge for as little as 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill.
- For medium rare, grill the lamb chops on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 120 degrees F.
- Allow the lamb chops to rest on a plate covered with aluminum foil for 5 minutes before serving. Squeeze lemon juice over lamb chops and enjoy.