Chicken and Couscous Salad
• 1 ¼ cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
• 1 (5.7-ounce) box uncooked couscous
• 1 ½ cups cubed cooked chicken (about 6 ounces)l
• ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
• ½ cup diced radishes (about 3 large)
• ½ cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
• ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 garlic clove minced
1. To prepare salad, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous into a large bowl; cool slightly. Add chicken, onions, radishes, cucumber, parsley and pine nuts. Toss gently to combine.
2. To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to combine.
3. Note: You can toast nuts quickly in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Stir frequently, and as soon as they become fragrant, remove the nuts from the pan.
Wine Pairing Feature: Recommended by Ted Ross, Vince & Joe’s Sommelier
Pine Ridge Winery, Chenin Blanc/Viognier 2011 - $12.99 750 ml.
“A very distinctive white blend, perfect with fresh salads, seafoods and spicy dishes.”